SASEhack is a hackathon that invites students with design, engineering, and entrepreneur interests to collaborate on creating innovative solutions for real-world challenges.
Are you innovative and creative? Join SASE’s first ever problem-solving workshop, also known as SASEhack.
- Friday 9PM to Saturday 6PM (~21 hrs)
- The Grove, Dallas Coworking
- Excitement of creation and showcase your talent
- Experience teamwork dynamic (a viable skillset that every employer seeks)
What’s the structure of the event?
Pre-conference: brainstorm hacks for the challenge topic.
On the day of: hack! hack! hack!
Post conference: We will be hosting the project presentation online for showcasing.
The Challenge Topic
Social impact - how will your solution improve society at large? Choose a non-profit or for-profit socially-driven organization & create improvements that can contribute to their success.
Transportation will be provided to and from the SASE National Conference hotel. Participants will be able to attend career fair and hackathon.
Food and drinks will be provided FREE for the duration of the event. You are welcome to bring in food from the outside, but please clean up after yourself.
$1,750 in prizes
Best Overall - $1,000
Best User Interface/Experience Design - $250
How accessible is the product? How simplistic is it for the user to use?
Best Scalability - $250
How scaleable is the product? How practical is it outside of SASEhack?
Most Creative - $250
How unique is the solution to the problem?
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- You must be in college.
- There are 100 limited spots for participants.
- All teammates must have pre-registered for SASEhack through SASENC2016 registration.
- Teams can have up to 5 members.
- Hacks must have started at SASEhack. Any prior work may not be used at SASEhack, but prior ideas are welcome!
Hacks can be:
3) Whatever your wonderful mind comes up with!
As long as it's inline with the theme of the event.
How to enter
You must register via NC registration site HERE in order to participate and select that you are attending SASEhack near the bottom-right.
Also, sign up for DevPost and register for this hackathon.
When you are ready to submit your hack:
1) Enter the name of your hack.
2) Add ALL your team members to your devpost submission.
3) Tell us about your hack! Be sure to include any relevant images and/or video in your description.
3) Include a link to your hack (if applicable).
4) Submit before the deadline! No later than 4PM Saturday, Oct 15.
Lead Associate, Strategic Innovations Group, BAH
Aujchariya (Bell) Rueangvivatanakij
Lead Technologist, Civil Commercial Group, BAH
Dr. Yu Meng
Data Scientist, Oncor Electric Delivery
Creativity and Innovation
Originality. Is this something unique, unconventional, and special that we have never seen before?
User Interface/Experience Design
Does your creation work for the user as intended and address the user's needs? Does it look good? Is it intuitive and easy to use?
Do you see this as a future consumer/enterprise product or technology? Is there a future to what you built? Can you add to this product in further development and build upon your work? Did you clearly convey that in your pitch?
Feasibility and Funciton
Did you implement or build complex systems or algorithms, or just use pre existing tech? Are you using modern, well-supported technologies in your product? How advanced is this prototype, and does it require special skills to execute? DID IT WORK?
You can’t explain it, but you always know it when you see it.